There's a Cat in My Pocket



I've got a little stowaway in my pocket today ;) I'm still deciding on what to name him. He looks a lot like my cat Mr. Mittens, only much thinner (Kittums has become quite the chubster).

It's been an incredibly eventful week for me, and those of you who know me in real life, there's big news. My computer was on the fritz, seeing as how it had OVER 1,000 VIRUSES--I didn't even realize that was possible?!--but Geek Squad managed to fix the problem at no cost to me (thank goodness). And, the best part of the week, I got a full-time job I can use my degree for. I start at the end of the month, which means I can finally afford to move out of my parents' house and in with Jordan! I'm glad to finally have a place of my own to decorate and where the kitties can roam to their hearts' content.

As much as I hate living in Summerville, the aesthetics are unbeatable. I tried to capture a few shots of the Azaleas, but they were halfway dead by the time I got around to taking photos. Easy come, easy go, I suppose. I'm still trying to figure out my best poses and how to work my camera, but these photos turned out quite nice aside from the contorted expressions on my face.

At one point, a professional photographer saw me struggling(?) and offered to take pictures. I was a bit taken aback, and I got extremely uncomfortable; I only let him take a shot or two before I scurried away. Leave it to me to have such a random encounter. The up-close of my face is the one he took; I like the pose, but, again, I'm a creature of habit, and I prefer doing things on my own.

 
Outfit Details:
Flower Crown - DIY
Blouse - LalaMagic
Shorts - Thrifted & Altered
Kitty Paper Doll - JordanGraceOwens Shop
Shoes - Vintage
Socks - American Apparel
Satchel Bag - Target




 I'm on my way to setting up an editorial calendar for the blog, and I've been scribbling down ideas left and right. Once I start my big-girl job, then I'll be on a set schedule to make these posts happen. Huzzah!

'Til next time, kittens!
 


Follow me on... Facebook Twitter Tumblr Pinterest Bloglovin'





15 comments

  1. Oh my, the colours in these photos are amazing!! I am in love with your little collection of adorable shirts and floral headbands <3 so whimsical and lovely.

    I wish my neighbourhood looked like this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thank you! You're very sweet. And I've actually moved since then (I was living with my parents, gotta love student loan debt), and I'm struggling finding places to take pictures in my new neighborhood. I'm trying to think outside of the box, so we'll see what I can come up with.

      (=^.^=) <--- kitty face, meow!

      Delete
  2. Great color palette. Also- I know that photographer meant well, but I would have felt awkward to with a stranger approaching and offering that! (though, I do like the face one).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I know, I was completely weirded out--I hope he didn't think I was being a jerk, I'm just really awkward around new people. (Truth be told, I'm kind of awkward around all people, but especially strangers offering to take my picture. I'm pretty sure they taught me to stay away from people like that in school...)

      <3

      Delete
  3. i really love these photos! and your shorts are amazing— i just thrifed a salmon pink pair of high waisted ones for summer and i am so excited! so random about the photographer offering to take your picture— haha the things we do for blogs ;-) great outfit! -jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds so cute! I love salmon (the color and the fish--slightly morbid, but oh so tasty). I can't wait to see how you've styled them.

      And yes, the things we do for blogs. I can't even begin to describe the number of looks I get as I lug around my tripod and snap photos with my remote. "What are you doing?" "You run a blog? Huh?" I've just started using Delightfully Tacky's excuse of "It's a school project," and usually people get the hint and go away. Although I did get approached by a really attractive guy on a bike talking about how the lighting was perfect for pictures (the better to eye you with, sir. Meeeeooow).
      Thanks again for your kind words, you are a wonderful soul. <3

      Delete
  4. Girl I love your eclectic mix of clothing! The little kitty in your pocket is cool =)Big LOL on the random photographer, I wish my overlookers were that nice
    - Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sorry it took so long for a response, I've been inbetween moves and haven't had internet access.
      I love this little kitty, although now he's slightly damaged because I think my cats have jealousy issue :'(
      The photographer was sort of bittersweet--it was nice that he was trying to help, but then he started talking about shooting for Maxim, and then he started to come off as creepy. Excuse me, sir, but I'm going for more of a 'quirky' vibe as opposed to a 'sex kitten' vibe (although, sexxx kitten would be a GREAT name for that sort of thing).

      P.S. I LOVE your blog. Following!

      Delete
  5. Love everything about this outfit... but my favorite is obviously the pocket cat ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats really do complement an outfit ;)

      Delete
  6. You look adorable kiki! Love how you style with pastel and the floral crown :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This blouse is one of my favorites :D

      Delete
  7. Love those shorts!And your blog is adorable! Following <3 Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! YOUR blog is adorable, you have such great style. I'm sure you get this a lot, but you are a dead ringer for Julia Roberts (that's a good thing, by the way, because she's a total babe).
      Following back ;)

      Delete
  8. wow you look amazing! love the girls who wear socks <3

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top